Making sense of Common Sense!


A humble request to job seekers.

In this world of internet and high speed communication, job seekers communicate a lot through email with potential employers as well as others who help out with finding a job. On an average, I get about ten requests from people who seek jobs and who are looking out for employees. 
Of course, this is a great business opportunity for me, i know! but time doesn't allow me to take this into another venture like "facebook"!

I am noticing this common mistake people do for a long time. An alarming majority of job seekers send their resumes with the file named as "resume' or "bio".
If you look at a prospective employer's email inbox and a folder he uses to store these resumes, it is a disaster to handle 100 word files with the same file name!!
This is not rocket science. Please name the file with your name on it!

Second problem: There are people who dont have the latest version of MS word to open files with .docx extension. Recently I had to install the latest version of MS office just to read a file which came in by email!!
Maybe, it is better to save resume files in .doc format which can be read in lower versions of MS office. 
yes, I expect some answers to this problem  and the comments this blog will make: If my 'prospective employer' doesn't have MS Office 2012, then I should not be working there!

Personally, I prefer resumes in PDFs!

Comments

Gaurav M said…
Nice tips! sir :- )
harada57 said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

Devanagari Text input problems in Indesign and Illustrator

My blogs and social media handles

Ani Tithech Mrutyu